So we all know that Asher Roth and White Panda will be performing at Alumni Hall, on December 7th at 10 PM, courtesy of SPA. I’m sure that all of you have listened to the White Panda discography to prepare for the show. However! Have you listened to your suggested dosage of Asher Roth? If you haven’t, then maybe you should check out my Asher Roth playlist! I’m kind of an Asher Roth expert! (see playlist below for details)
1. “The Lounge” from Asleep In The Bread Aisle
2. “I Love College” from Asleep In The Bread Aisle
“I Love College” is a Roth classic from his first album in 2009. This is a perfect jam for anyone that’s a fan of college. I know I am!
3. “Hard Times” from Pabst & Jazz
4. “Muddy Swim Trunks” from Seared Foie Gras with Quince & Cranberry
“Muddy Swim Trunks” is the opening track to Roth’s second mixtape and it’s one of my favorite songs by him. This chill, minimalistic beat complements Roth’s intricate wordplay perfectly.
5. “Toni Braxton” from Seared Foie Gras with Quince & Cranberry
6. “Pubic Garden” from Seared Foie Gras with Quince & Cranberry
7. “Vagitables” from Seared Foie Gras with Quince & Cranberry
8. “Blunt Cruisin’” from Asleep In The Bread Aisle
9. “CANNON!!!” from The GreenHouse Effect Vol. 1
10. “In The Kitchen” from Pabst and Jazz
11. “Bastermating” from Pabst and Jazz
12. “A Millie” from The GreenHouse Effect Vol. 1
This is Roth’s take on the Lil Wayne standard. Asher takes a more social/political stance on this rap but he pulls it off well.
13. “Sour Path Kids Remix” from Seared Foie Gras with Quince & Cranberry
14. “Insurance” from Pabst and Jazz
“Insurance” includes some cool features, and Roth opens with some Slick Rick-like storytelling.
15. “Lark on My Go-Kart” from Asleep In The Bread Aisle
16. “Fallin’” from Asleep in the Bread Aisle
“Fallin” is a lighthearted track with a cool Ben Kweller sample in the hook.
See you at the show! (at Alumni Hall on December 7th at 10 PM)